Home School Agreement
At St. Anthony's it is important that parents, pupils and staff, respecting each others contributions, work together to achieve the highest possible levels of success for all pupils.
What is a Home School Agreement?
A Home-School Agreement is a statement explaining:
- the school’s aims
- the school’s responsibilities towards its pupils who are of compulsory school age
- the responsibility of each pupil’s parents
- what the school expects of its pupils.
This is a simple agreement between the school, pupil and parent which outlines effective ways in which we can agree to work together to foster and maintain respectful and pro-active relationships as your child moves through school.
Why do we need a Home School Agreement?
- It acts as a reminder of commitments.
- It underpins the school’s ethos and stated beliefs.
- It acts as a clear starting point for new pupils, their parents and the school staff.
- It provides a starting point for exploring difficulties.